Iver & launching CommunityAir (Iver, Buckinghamshire)
The parish of Iver is situated in the Colne Valley Park, in the south-east corner of Buckinghamshire, close to the M4 and M25 interchange. Iver got in contact with Deliver Change due to concerns about noise and air pollution levels throughout the village for reasons including:
- Proximity to M4 and M25 interchange
- Proximity to Heathrow Airport
- Proximity to 4-5 large industrial estates which puts nearly 1,500 HGVs and trailers on Iver’s unclassified roads daily
- Continual industrial development
- Large scale construction including CrossRail
Their aim is to make air pollution visible, using the data from AirSensa to educate residents and use against further planning applications, with the hope to lower emissions to a safer level and improve the quality of life for the residents.